Sunday, April 13, 2008

Weekly Update #4


This week I started by looking in the help menu for the Scirus database and going through all the information about search procedures in it. I also reviewed information from EIS 500 presentations about advanced searching in Western's Online Library databases. I started with a basic search in Eric and a general search in Scirus, using distance learning, lifelong transformative learning, and sustainable living practices as subject and keyword terms. I'm also writing down questions to add to the IDT 516 discussion area this week. So far I've found a total of 8 sources to include in the annotated bibliography and read 6 of them.

2 comments:

Ed said...

I really like the color schemes on your blog. Also, I have never used scirus for searches. Has your experience using scirus been productive on finding information on transformative learning? When I can make the time I will give this search a try.

Ed said...

Explain how you might be using what you learned in this class in a future setting 1-5 years from now. Describe the setting (can be hypothetical); the specific concepts, templates, strategies, and techniques you would use; the source (Wysocki, Shackelford, Russell); and how you would use them in your work setting.

I will begin by using the Traditional Project Management from Wysocki and Shackleford's E-Learning methods during my internship this summer. I will be involved in working on existing and creating model e-learning modules. Developing a communication plan with my coworkers will be my first priority. Performing a needs analysis will be one of the first steps I make for each project. During the needs analysis I will determine project scope. After the needs analysis has been completed the next step will be to create a project proposal. A JPP or brainstorming focus group will be used in group projects where applicable.

Whether the project is completed completely by myself or with a group, I see the benefits of creating a project plan and WBS. Both will save time in the long run and develop better quality learning material. Creating the project plan will give me a time estimate to evaluate the amount of work needed on the current and other projects. The project plan will also give me a cost estimate to determine needs for the projects. Once a project is completed, I can record, evaluate, ad store the project information for future reference.